Search

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gun Control In America

With the shootings in recent memory, some people in this nation are calling for more regulations on guns. While I am a member of the NRA, I do not agree with the stances they have taken on gun control. I do want more regulation on assault type weapons because they only have one purpose, to kill as efficiently as possible. The average person just does not need that kind of killing power in their hands. But don't get me wrong, I still think that responsible and upstanding citizens should have the right to bear arms. Regulations like background checks and mental screenings are fine by me, because I only want responsible and mentally stable people to be able to own a gun. So in short, people should be able to own any gun they want as long as they pass regulations set up by the government.

Now making sure those regulations are followed is a different problem, which is nicely explained in this video. ATF Link

Here is a good video describing the point of view from the pro-gun crowd.  Pro Gun Link

No comments:

Post a Comment